Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year - 2012

2012 is here, and it is supposed to be a glorious year for the UK. The Queens Diamond Jubilee, the Olympics amongst others and it got me thinking "what do I want to achieve in 2012. So I sat down and wrote down my resolutions and achievements for 2012 and here are some of them.
Physical, Spiritual, Educational, Relational, Service and Financially

Physically
I need to take up running again. I am one of those people who see's food and puts on half a stone. Although motivating myself can be difficult - I'm not a "natural" runner, I do enjoy when I'm out there. I need to find some 10K races to challenge myself.

De-clutter the house. It is so full of stuff its driving me mad. I hate not having a tidy house. I may put pressure on myself by comparing my house to other people's houses but there is just stuff everywhere. Mostly not mine as well.

Pete started painting the kitchen last year in a summery yellow colour and it looks really nice so I want to finish the kitchen off, and the hallway as well and then do the stairs and landing and then maybe when those things are done I could host Connect in my house. (Church housegroup)

This New Year's eve I was home alone with the telly, so if the tidying and painting of the house goes to plan I could maybe have my own NYE's party with some friends.

Spiritually
I want to carry on learning to speak in tongues and have the confidence to use it. Also to pray when prompted instead of being really shy. This afternoon at church I felt like I should ask someone if I could pray for them but I didn't. Maybe because he has a bigwig job and I feel a little bit small.

Educational
I'd like to go on a course. Whether its for a day or a term I think the old grey matter needs dusting off.

Relational
Spend some quality time with my family.
Spend individual time with the kids.

Service
I am signing up to become a Street Pastor. I am really looking forward to this and the courses I have to take will help with the educational goals.

Financially
We have set up a really good budget system with a spreadsheet. I love my spreadsheet. At the click of button I can tell you how much money I have saved towards a new mattress. (I am going to get a good nights sleep one night this year) or how much money we have towards the car tax. I love it. I am going to teach my children financial responsibility.

We are starting the year off at church by fasting and praying. 4 days of praying for our city, from the church and then going out into the community - a hotel that used to be a sex hotel, a nightclub and the Guildhall (like a theatre i guess). Our church is then spending another 2 weeks praying and fasting for breakthrough in our city. What a way to start off the New year. In April Pete and I will be part of a 100 strong team going on mission to Belgium. Gonna be exciting.

Perhaps my last resolution will be to blog a bit more this year than last. Haha

Wishing you all a happy new year and that 2012 will be a blessed and awesome year.

No comments: