Friday 27 January 2012

As for me and my house we're going to serve the Lord

January is almost at an end - wow that is amazing. Time certainly goes fast when your older. What have I achieved of my list thus far. Well I am working my way through the Street Pastors courses. I will have completed 3 out of 4 by the end of Saturday which means only 1 more until I can go out as an official Street Pastor. At the training course on Saturday - at the police station, Mark asked if anyone wanted to open in prayer and I could feel myself shrinking in my seat, so instead I stood up and offered to open in prayer to 20 something people - most of whom I had never met before. Getting out of my comfort zone or what.

I have started to read a book called The Five love languages of children. I really feel that God is talking to me about investing in my children. I want them to grow up knowing that they are fearfully and wonderfully made, they are loved by us and so much more by God. The other day (as part of our Breakthrough Fasting)I was praying and singing in the car park at work when I felt the Holy Spirit tell me that I need to sing a song of love over my children. I need to have high expectations for them so that they can fulfil their God-given potential.
I have also discovered the joy of walking to work. It is a spiritual and physical exercise. I get the heart pumping whilst praying to God and mulling things over in my head.

The house is still a tip - that one is a year long project. Ongoing, for ever and ever, Amen. However another charity drop off day will be coming up soon so will have to do my darnedest to get there so I can offload some stuff.

So far I think January has gone pretty well and I feel that I am achieving the things I have set out to do.

No comments: