Wednesday 19 September 2012

New challenges

Its been a while since I last wrote, a lots has happened in the last little while.The biggest change is going to happen on Friday. I will be starting a new job with the NHS as a Healthcare assistant. I have been trying for the last 2 years to get a job like this, so it has been a long road. I have been working in my previous job for 4 1/2 years and it has been good to me. Getting me back into employment after having my children, but I have struggled with it at times. I have not always enjoyed the work and I think towards the end it showed. (My PR said I lacked motivation on the lobby) For me it was just a job and I didn't feel I was making a difference to anybody, and that is a really strong motivator for me. There have been many times when I've gone along the applying for a job route, got to interview and been certain this is it for it to come crashing down and not get any further so why now, why have I succeed where I have failed in the past. I don't know, but I do feel that I am coming into where God wants me to be. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I know Satan will want to make me feel like I can't do this job but loads have people have said things like "I can see you working there" or "You'll be really good at that" so I have to choose to listen to those words. I am excited at the opportunities I will have, the learning opportunities that will come along for me. I also have a job as a Youth Support Worker which I am equally excited about. I am looking forward to getting my teeth into something where I can make a difference to young people's lives. The centre is based in a poor area of the city where people's perceptions of those that live there aren't encouraging and building up the residents to do something useful with their lives so its gonna be a great time of learning and journeying. I am still Street Pastoring which I enjoy - even into the small hours of the morning which I only see when on a shift. Something else I am excited about is The National Day of Prayer and Worship at Wembley stadium. We have a group of us going and when I found out the cost I was a bit uncertain as to whether I would be able to go. I never aired these concerns to anyone but thought I would speak to the organiser about it on Sunday. After thinking and rethinking I felt I should just go as I really wanted to and I could pay at the end of the month after payday. I heard today that the ticket has been paid for and I owe nothing!!!!! Amazing. How does that happen. God has answered my hearts desire. I don't know who has paid and maybe I never will but if you read this, THANK YOU.

No comments: