Monday 2 April 2012

Sometimes it comes one after another

This morning I opened the back door to let Bella (our cat) in to smell a rather smelly smell. Upon further examination I found a load of sewage had come up out of the outside drain. YUK. I had to goto work today so dropped Hannah & Joshua at their different places and phoned Pete to tell him the news. After discussing it we decided to phone the insurance company and see what they could do for us. Yesterday the car had a coil pack go on it again (at least a different one this time, only 2 more to go and we’ll have a full set of new ones). We have also been trying to solve its oil problem (i’ll have to ask Pete his thoughts on whether its solved) and then the front brakes went. Soon after that the back brakes went and Pete also discovered the calliper was so seized as to need replacing. We go to Belgium in less than 2 weeks in said car, anyone get the feeling the devil isn’t happy with us.!! So with these two events happening and the lack of money in my bank account, after I dropped Joshua off I crumbled – feeling overwhelmed with the one thing after another nature of this attack. I went round to a friend of mine who, very kindly, let me in as I just turned up on her doorstep out of the blue. We spent sometime talking and praying about things and I left feeling strengthened and ready to face the day. The insurance company couldn’t really help us if it was a general blockage but if it was something that is unlikely to happen – like a tree root going through the pipe – they could. It turns out it was a general blockage that affected us and two of our neighbours down the line. Also found out we should have rung Severn Trent as they would’ve come out for free to unblock it, however they have said we can write to them and they will consider refunding us the money. Will pray for favour with them tonight and ring them tomorrow to explain our situation and ask if they will refund us the money. The end of the day has been more pleasant, Joshua is gaining in confidence with swimming and even jumped in mostly by himself . I love that proud parent feeling you get when your child achieves something. Especially as I made a decision to move him from one swim class to a different – more expensive but with less children – class. Its paying off, I was right to move him, to give him the best chance possible. However, there’s always one of them as well, the evening meal wasn’t so good. Hannah & I had a disagreement. Oh how I wish I could get on/understand her better. We can get on so well and she’s a real pleasure to have around and then other times we just clash like fingernails running down a blackboard. Tomorrow is another day for God’s grace to work in me. I shall keep asking for more and hopefully, one day, I’ll get it right.

No comments: