Wednesday 16 March 2011

Reading Half Marathon - my greatest physical challenge

I have just completed my last run before the BIG ONE. Yep this weekend it is the Reading Half Marathon. I can't quite believe that I am going to be part of a race with 18000 others. (At least I stand a good chance of not being last) I just did a short run today so as not to wear myself out for Sunday. 13.1 miles is a long way. Yesterday I was downloading songs for my iPod - if you have any suggestiuons on good praise songs or secular running music let me know.
If you also want to sponsor me there is still time, please see my previous post which explains what I am doing this mad thing for, then just contact me via email or facebook and let me know how much and I will add you to the form.
Many tanks

p.s dont forget to pray for me for the following things
1. Strength - mental, emotional and physical
2. Strength for my muscles - particulary my left calf muscle which I have noticed can hurt, strangely when I'm changing gear in the car :~
3. that I remain injury free during the course - in particular from blistering on my right foot
4. that I complete the course - after all I can't collect sponsor money if I dont finish and I want the medal at the end
5. Good weather, but not too hot!!

The race starts at 10am on Sunday 20th March. Hopefully being a year older wont have too bad effect on my running. (It is my birthday on Saturday. The chocolate cake will have to wait till afterwards!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George, good luck for your run. What an inspiration!