Tuesday 16 November 2010

Marathon training continued

I went out for a run today. I thought I would go past my daughter's friends house to drop off what she had forgotten to take to school with her and then continue on my way. I wasn't sure where I was going to go but just kept running. I am more of a fair weather runner and have not kept on top of my fitness, as of late I haven't really been doing much running or exercising so as I was running along it seemed to get harder but I carried on regardless. Along a straight, long road. I had thought about this route a little but considering last week I only ran 3 miles I should've perhaps thought a little more about where I was going. It turned out to be a 10k run. Not bad considering how much I haven't run but I could tell that I have lost fitness (and put on weight) recently. If only I could bank it. I've done three hours exercise this week add that to my previous 2 hours and keep it so that in two weeks time when I've done no exercise I can just bring my fitness level back to where it was. I was 10 minutes over my personal best for that distance so a bit more running is needed. I just have to push myself to do it. I'm not a madly in love runner but more of a enjoy it once I get going, but have to motivate myself to do it kind of runner. Oh well, at least I can bank 1 1/2 hours of fitness levels.

No comments: