Thursday 28 August 2008

Broken Arm

As the title says I broke my arm - trampolining with the kids. I did it on Sunday whilst Pete was on a high risk adventure activity called Go Ape which involves climbing through an assault course in the trees, the irony is quite funny. Anyway a friend took me to hospital where they confirmed I had broken it and the doctors decided the best course of action was to manipulate it back into place which involves pulling the arm and hand to align the bone in a straight position. unfortunately it is a bad break and yesterday the orthopaedic consultant told me I would need an op on it (which was the 2nd choice Sunday). I was supposed to go in on Tuesday to have my op but the theatre person who organises the patients said the break was so bad he wanted the top surgeon to do the op so I've had to wait until today (Thursday). When I go in today the plan is to have a plate and 5-7 screws put in to help the bone heal in the right place. It has to stay in for 2 yrs and then i can have it or alternatively keep it in forever. (the first involves another op so i shall probably just keep it in)
its my right hand and i am one of those fortunate people that is a leftie!!!!! so there is a least a little good news.

No comments: